Survox is democratizing phone-based research to enable marketers of all types to capture the true “voice-of-the-customer”. Our phone survey automation platform and services help both researchers and their call center partners to run effective and responsive data collection operations.
This role requires someone who can render the complex simple. A person who understands advanced technical subjects and can design learning objectives and materials that are concise, accurate and task-based.
We are developing user training with extensive hands-on labs, e-learning courses that can be accessed 24×7, and self-paced labs that help customers become productive users of the Survox platform and solutions.
Target audiences for classes are survey call center professionals using the Survox platform – from the room full of interviewers & their supervisors to the research clients & senior management.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The qualified candidate will have excellent writing skills, the ability to translate technical content into easy-to-understand training, and deep experience in training, instructional design or technical documentation.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs) to gather requirements and define eLearning objectives
- Design, develop, and maintain role-based Learning Paths.
- Author courses, assessments, and tests.
- Utilize principles of instructional design and apply different adult best practices
- Ensure learning and performance objectives are appropriate to the audience and that the training materials meet the learning and performance objectives
- Develop hands-on labs and create / maintain lab server environments
- Complete deliverables on schedule in a fast paced work environment
- Track the usage and effectiveness of eLearning programs
- Manage Content within a Learning/Content Management Platform.
- Scope: operational how-to, best practices, regular maintenance and technical troubleshooting.
- Content delivery: eLearning, webinars, videos, job aids and other distance and self-paced, or on-demand learning methods ILT classroom, virtual classroom, on demand, and blended e-learning training content.
Ideal candidate prefers working in a small company and is a self-driven individual. The candidate is also hands-on and a tenacious problem-solver with a strong work ethic and sense of urgency.
S/he can adjust quickly to changing demands, pays attention to detail, and drives projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication, writing and editing skills for the purpose of knowledge transfer and skill development, including effectively explaining technical topics to novice or non-technical audiences.
- Ability to collaborate with highly technical subject matter experts and managers to develop training content and curricula.
- Experience with loading courseware and documentation to a Content Management System, interlinking the content to internal and external content as needed, and managing the pages within the site for clean, intuitive, accurate display. Some HTML experience is preferred.
- Experience with developing training and documentation for software updates and new product launches
- 3+ years’ experience as an Instructional Designer, Technical Writer, and Instruction/Information Technologist
- Developing learning content for business process applications.
- Working with tools: Articulate, Camtasia, Presenter, Captivate, Illustrator, Adobe eLearning Suite
- Creating and managing demonstration sites and labs.
- Applying video recording and graphic design for eLearning
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Instructional Design, Information Architecture, Technical Communications or related discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- MBA or MA/MS degree in Computer Science, Instructional Design, Technical Communications or a related discipline.
- CPLP or another learning/training certification.