Survox, Inc., (AKA Computers For Marketing Corporation or CFMC) (www.survoxinc.com and surveys.survoxinc.com) is a world-class market research solutions provider conducting research projects with participants from around the globe.
Survox respects your privacy and constantly works to ensure the information provided to us via survey technology remains safe and secure. We subscribe to and uphold the standards for market research set forth by leading industry organizations including the Insights Association, Council of American Survey Research Organizations (CASRO), the Marketing Research Association (MRA), and the European Society for Opinion and Marketing Research (ESOMAR). Additionally, Survox is in compliance with HIPPA, EU- U.S. Privacy Shield, and COPPA privacy guidelines.
Personal information received from users in the European Economic Area
Survox complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Principles as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries.Survox has certified that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. For more information about the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Principles, please visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield Website.
These are our promises to you:
- When we collect your personal information, we’ll give you timely and appropriate notice describing what personal information we’re collecting, how we’ll use it, and the types of third parties with whom we may share it.
- We’ll give you choices about the ways we use and share your personal information, and we’ll respect the choices you make.
- We’ll collect only as much personal information as we need for specific, identified purposes, and we won’t use it for other purposes without obtaining your consent.
- We’ll keep your personal information only as long as we need it for the purposes for which we collected it, or as permitted by law.
- We’ll take appropriate steps to make sure the personal information in our records is accurate.
- We’ll provide ways for you to access your personal information, as required by law, so you can correct inaccuracies.
- We’ll take appropriate physical, technical, and organizational measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
- Except as described in this policy, we won’t share your personal information with third parties without your consent.
- International Transfer. If we transfer your personal information to another country, we’ll take appropriate measures to protect your privacy and the personal information we transfer.
- We’ll regularly review how we’re meeting these privacy promises, and we’ll provide an independent way to resolve complaints about our privacy practices.
Privacy Complaints by European Union Citizens
c/o Privacy Officer
547 Howard Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
Unresolved Privacy Complaints
Survox has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles to the INSIGHTS ASSOCIATION PRIVACY SHIELD PROGRAM, a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States and operated by the Insights Association. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit http://www.insightsassociation.org/get-support/privacy-shield-program/privacy-shield-eu-swiss-citizens-file-complaint for more information and to file a complaint.
To access your information, ask questions about our privacy practices, or issue a complaint, contact us at
547 Howard Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
Phone: (415) 777-0470
EU Citizens may file a complaint with CASRO here:
Under certain limited limited conditions, for individuals to invoke binding arbitration before the Privacy Shield Panel to be created by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Commission. Survox may be required to disclose personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. In cases of onward transfer to third parties, Survox may be liable.
Participants who receive email invitations and who do not want to participate in online surveys can unsubscribe by clicking the opt-out / unsubscribe link in the survey invitation or by going directly to http://pd3.cfmc.com/optout/optout.php.
Survox does not intentionally send emails to or collect data from children. If you are under the age of 13, you may not use any services of our site or participate in any surveys. Survox strives to comply with the specifications of COPPA (The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). If you are a parent of a child under 13, and you believe that your child has provided us with information about him or herself, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Survox website does not contain content which would be commonly viewed as unsuitable for children.
Participation in Online Surveys
Survox conducts its business in accordance with the following guiding principles:
- We will never sell or otherwise transmit anyone’s name or other personal information for the purpose of marketing or advertising to you.
- We will use the personally identifiable information that we collect for the purpose of contacting participants in special circumstances, for example, prize winners in a sweepstakes drawing, or when a person has provided permission for us to re-contact them for other purposes, such as to take part in a follow-up survey or to participate in another research panel or market research opportunity.
- We will use the survey results only for market research purposes.
- Our market research reports will not contain any personally identifiable information.
- We take all commercially viable steps to physically protect the information that participants provide.
Other Ways Your Information May Be Used
As a leading marketing research supplier, Survox provides full-service Web survey, CATI survey, IVR survey and tabulation programming, hosting, management and support services. In the course of performing these services, Survox may:
- Use client-provided lists to issue email invitations to Web surveys or prepare said lists for CATI processes;
- Collect respondent data, both directly through web-based surveys (self-reported responses and those collected by telephone interviewer by our Clients) and indirectly by noting such items as the date and time of respondent-visits, browser type and respondent IP address;
- Examine collected information in aggregate to ensure the integrity of the data collection process;
- Cross-tabulate and otherwise analyze respondent data;
- Distribute reports to our clients.
Certain information, such as age, income, race and other demographic facts are often vital to the integrity of the data gathered. Survox Network Operation Centers (NOCs) are designed to meet and exceed industry standards. All data resides on servers behind Survox firewalls and is password protected and accessible only by Survox-registered IP addresses.
Survox will never sell your personal or corporate information to marketers or telemarketers.
Survox reserves the right to update this policy at anytime, so we urge you to check back as often as you feel necessary.
In addition to using information we collect through the online surveys, we also use your information as necessary to conduct our business efficiently. For example, from time to time, Survox may use the services of third party organizations to perform certain services on our behalf. We may use such organizations to send postal mail and e-mail, analyze data, provide marketing assistance, and provide customer service. In such cases, these organizations will have access only to personal information needed to perform their functions, but are prohibited from using it for other purposes. We may also disclose your information as permitted or required by applicable law.
Survox is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, both online and offline. For example, we store the personal information you provide on computer servers with limited access that are located in controlled facilities.
Personal information collected through this site or in online surveys may be stored and processed in the United States, the United Kingdom or any other country in which Survox or its affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain facilities. By providing us with your information, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
Survox-hosted web surveys may refer users to third-party sites at the close of surveys at the request of study sponsors and partners. Please be aware that Survox is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware of when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
Third Party Products and Services: We neither endorse nor accept responsibility for any third party materials accessed through the Internet.
ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between sponsor and you with respect to the subject matter contained in the Agreement.
Whom can I contact if I have additional questions?
If you have any questions about the above Privacy Statement, our practices or your interactions with this site and our services, you may contact us at:
44 Tehama Street, Suite 415
San Francisco, CA 94105
Phone: (415) 777-0470